Thursday, May 3, 2007

Faith to keep my job by Elaine Davenport

Years ago, I was on the verge of losing my job. I didn't understand it and it was too challenging. I thought about quitting, but instead I decided to read the Bible and pray about it. There were rumors that they were supposed to fire me when I started. I meditated on Psalms 34 V. 1-9 I began to recite it everyday. It was a faith building exercise for me. I ended up with a promotion. I wasn't expecting it. The whole exercise of faith established me for a great job, a subsequent marriage and even my current service unto God.

Psalm 34
1 I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.


2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear thereof and be glad.


3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.


4I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.


5 They looked unto Him and were lightened, and their faces were not ashamed.


6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.


7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.


8 O taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in Him!


9O fear the LORD, ye His saints! For them that fear Him suffer no want.

This is not some formula. But the exercise of faith, reading the Word, praying, believing God for the impossible, meditating on the Word, regaining my confidence, regaining my self esteem, improving myself, being obedient led to God honoring my prayer to not be fired from my job. Divine appointments and connections came out of nowhere. It was amazing.



_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: