Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's Action Time by E. Davenport (Thursday, June 14, 2007)

NOTE: Your answer is so close that you won't have to look far for it. This isn't prophetic.Thanks be unto God who always causes us to triumph,If two of you will agree,New Testament,Matthew 18,

My dearest friend, how are you today? God Bless you. Bless God that I find myself writing to you again. I lift you and your family up in prayer daily but I never say the same thing. I realize that everyday different things happen to make our circumstances assorted so I don’t send up the same prayers for you everyday. I ask God to meet your needs because I trust Him, I know He knows what they are. I also stand in agreement with you regarding your prayer needs. You see, Jesus said in the 19th verse of the 18th Chapter of Matthew in the New Testament:

Again, I say unto you, That if any two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

You know, a friend of mine used to lovingly tease me and say: “What are you doing now?” I always laughed in a slightly guilty way. See, I always had a series of projects; I just sort of wandered into them. My problem was I wasn’t doing anything meaningful and I didn’t realize it. Eventually it made sense. Eventually, I had to kick it in gear. I’m still working on projects…only THIS TIME, I don’t have to feel guilty because I am working to please God according to the plan that He has for my life. I found out that I don’t have to talk about it, I just have to do it. This means that no matter how much time goes by, I am working on the goal that God has set before me. I won’t quit. I won’t be deterred. Don’t you do it either.

I hear people all the time saying: “I’m going to do this.” “I’m thinking about doing that.” That thought didn’t come from nowhere. Act on it. If it will benefit mankind, you have an obligation to do it. So I am led in many ways, but by faith I press on, by love I press on. You see, for years I felt that there was something that I was put here to do, but I wasted precious time, not doing it. It was deep in my heart, and even when I said : ‘I’m going to write a book.” Even I didn’t believe it. So of course, nothing happened. Are you making declarations that not even you believe? If you are, change it. You deserve better. Please forgive me if I seem to be pushing you to do your best, to reach higher. It’s just because you are so capable. God certainly knows it and He loves you.

I’m only using myself as an example to spur you on. There is something deep in your heart. We all have it. It’s there. So my question is: WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AND WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT? I guess that’s just the first part. Next, I’ll ask: “How do you intend to do it?” First, you’re going to have to trust God. A lot of people don’t want to trust God. Some think it is just too much work. Others don’t know how. Some say that they are (trusting God). A lot of those same people do it like a 50-50 raffle. They trust God for half and then take over the other half. 75-25 is no better and neither is 90-10 or 95-5 or 99-1. It has to be 100%. Look at the date at the top of page one. Don’t let too much time go by before you get this. Please………

Then, I’d ask you to think of how what you’re doing is going to benefit others? I say this to you no matter what it is that you face. Perhaps right now there is a mountain in your life, a gigantic problem like Goliath. So you say: “Well, after I slay Goliath, I’m going to do this or that.” Or you might say: “I’m not even going to focus on this problem, I’m going to give it to God. (not an assignment, a problem) You get my drift right? Next, get a plan. Then, start making some notes in a notebook. If a STORM comes, (we’ve all had them) PRESS ON. Finally, give thanks and expect to be guided. To most people, it sounds kind of strange to give thanks in a storm, but trust God that is the best time.

In graduate Business School they teach the Game theory. (It’s kind of funny.) In other words there are all of these varied strategy to quantifiably win at something. But the most intriguing; yet easiest theory that I saw was the : “DO-NOTHING” theory. It speaks for itself. Are you using that theory? Do you know it all too well? Most of us don’t even realize that we’re using this theory. Sometimes we call it procrastination. Hmmm. It’s time for you to do something, but again I ask: What are you going to do and when are you going to do it?

Whatever it is that you have to do, do it. We all have something that we have to do that we don’t need to put off any longer. I challenge you to boldly declare that “In 2005, MY dream will come alive.” TAKE ACTION NOW. I love you and that’s all that I have to say.

Now thanks be unto God which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 11 Corinthians 2 verse 14
____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: