Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MAKE THE DEVIL MAD by Elaine Davenport ( Wednesday, August 29, 2007)

I was talking with some prayer friends this morning. We were having a remarkable time praising God and so many new ideas came to my mind. I was so Blessed in my life. God healed me over and over and saved me time and time again. He was patient with me and longsuffering is one of His qualities. I know that He was for me.

I was a Girl Scout at ten years old. I had not been attending meetings. I had a very complicated childhood. My parents were good parents. They instilled great character in us but unfortunately, they worked all of the time. Almost around the clock and I'm not kidding. I realize that they did this to make things easier for us. My dad worked one of his jobs on a mail train. He was usually gone two weeks at a time. As a result; we were forced to be independent, my sister and I. We could do almost anything we wanted. We were also loaded with chores and care giving responsibilities. We had younger siblings. (As teens we worked full time through high school; but that's another story.)

Because my schedule was so busy including ballet, tap, violin lessons, softball and a lot more; I didn't always make the Girl Scout meetings. I literally managed my own schedule.

Well, I heard that the Girl Scout troop that I was in was going bowling. I really wanted to go. I walked a few blocks to our troop leaders home to ask her if I could go. She was very surprised to see me. She told me that she thought that I had quit the troop. She maneuvered some things and allowed me to go. I felt so bad. Here I was trying to get a reward without having done anything to earn it. However, because I was on the rolls, she allowed me to go. I don't really like "squeaking in." I decided that at ten years old.


The devil tried to take my life on more than one occasion. People who know me, know its true. But I have the victory. I've been redeemed. The devil sure hoped that I would never find out my real strength.


So finally one day, I woke up. I decided to commit myself to God. I didn't want to have to send a prayer up one day and have God think: "Who?" "I thought she quit the troop?" God isn't like that though. He never forgets us. He won't forsake us.

I guess knowing that many people will push the envelope and try to get by on their own as long as they can. That kind of a decision makes the devil very happy. It goes along with his plan for your life. He came to kill, to steal and to destroy.

One day I woke up; I decided that I would run to God and He was waiting with open loving arms! I am so excited and the devil is so sad. Too bad.

I've committed myself to God and I encourage you to think about your level of commitment to God. Oh what great things God has for those who commit to Him.


Here are some scriptures to meditate on:





Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this
- Psalm 37:5
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
- Proverbs 16:3
But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.
- 1 Kings 8:61
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.
- 2 Chronicles 16:9

No comments: