Monday, September 10, 2007

A Divine Moment by Elaine Davenport ( Tuesday, September 11, 2007)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Prov. 3:5-6).
The Word Divine basically means: things that are of or from God; also holy.

I had a tough time getting to Early Morning Prayer this morning. I am sure that the Holy Spirit woke me up early. I went back to sleep and then woke up late. Usually when I wake up "that" late; I stay home. After all it was ten minutes before prayer and I was sleepy. I started getting all of these thoughts to stay home and go back to sleep. Then I saw a picture of one of the faithful prayer warriors; Sister Rose. I also recalled that I had told another prayer warrior that I would see her there Monday morning. I knew the Lord told me to be there at least 4 days a week; despite my busy schedule; but this voice kept saying wait until Tuesday. I wasn't even sure how much gas was in the car. I needed to give Sister Rose a donation for her Holy Assignment the Lord has given her. In my meditation last night; I was clearly instructed to do this.

I got up. Good girl, I thought. I knew that it was going to be a good day.

I said my prayers before leaving home and prayed in the Spirit as I got ready. My hair was perfect, clothes were laid out and the car had gas. I think I arrived in 5 minutes. Prayer was wonderful, but afterwards I waited for Sister Rose and we talked to a couple of people and embarked on our trek to the car.

Sister Rose told me that she had a really hard time getting there today as well. Her truck had a weird flat tire and it shouldn't have. She heard voices trying to convince her not to go to prayer.

A young woman was standing there and I nor Sister Rose knew her. But Rose walked up to her and asked her if everything was okay and was she waiting for a ride home. She began to explain that she was waiting for a cab and how she was from Trinidad. As it turns out; she had been catching a cab to prayer off and on for two years. She had recently moved closer into a condo right by my house. We all began to laugh with great joy.

She explained that she had just told the Lord that she was spending too much on cabs and asked Him to send some people to give her a ride. We immediately understood that it was a Divine Moment. God sends them, we receive them in thanksgiving. So she will be riding with me to Early Morning Prayer and I recall when someone was coming to pick me up for prayer. I am too happy to be able to help. In case you're wondering how could someone catch a cab to prayer off and on for two years and not find a ride. I can't tell you. I just know it's a large church with thousands of members. I came with no transportation and had two new cars within a timespan of about a year and had acquired a steady ride within about 6 months so I can't say. This was even before I came to prayer. We've seen a lot of people come and go to prayer. We've prayed many prayers even on the parking lot; after prayer was over and seen and heard of many miracles as a result.
I thank God for Divine moments like this and I know that all of us were meant to be there. For it was a Divine connection. Prayer honors God and God honors Prayer. I know it for a fact.

'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jer. 29:11).

No comments: