Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We're not like anyone else by Elaine Davenport (Tuesday, September 4, 2007)

A lot of people think we're all the same; but we're not. We who have chosen to follow Christ are different; according to God. Listen to this from 1 Peter 2: 9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.


Now let me begin my message. Last night around 12: 30 am; I was awakened and I kept hearing Phillipians 4: 13 which says:

I can do all things through Christ which stengtheneth me.

The Message Bible gives us a clearer more modern day version of what he Apostle Paul was saying:

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.


I love this kind of talk. This is what we're about. You see, we've chosen a life of faith, a faith journey; a faith adventure and we these words must be our mantra.

I meet people of all different faiths and they don't talk like this, but we must. When people ask us how we are this should be our response:

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me and that gives me great peace today; how are you?

WHO IS THEY, YOU MIGHT ASK.

That is simple; it's anyone who doesn't know this deep in their spirit. These are more than just words. It could be a close close friend, a family member, a stranger, a foreigner; it could be anyone. It could even be a fellow saint;

We are different than they are and they should know it. Spread the word.

No comments: