Thursday, April 26, 2007

Conclusion of "Why Tongues" By Elaine Davenport

I suppose I need a rest. I got my sites mixed up. I am so sorry.

"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."

I Corinthians 14:14

I have friends who still don’t believe in speaking in tongues. So I ask you:

What is tradition? I offer this answer: Tradition is simply doing things the way the other people around you do. It’s trusting man. But the Word says don’t put your faith in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. Read your bible and you cannot form any other conclusion that tongues are necessary for every believer. I* wish someone had cared to explain it to me! Really.

So, I need to explain how my life changed by my speaking in tongues. Out of respect for the people in my life and protecting their confidentiality; I can only say that a clean sweep was made in my household and in my family. The only person who was constantly under attack was me; but the enemy could only make little “mini” attacks because none of his weapons would prosper. I got my vision back, my life back, my family back, my marriage replenished, my children began to prosper and all my family members who never wanted to hear about God had an about face. My income was magnified and business opportunities came out of the woodwork. I could go on but I won’t. Gotta go.

___________________________________________________________
_________________________

No comments: