Thursday, April 26, 2007

Faith in God and not in man by Elaine Davenport

And in my preaching there were no honeyed words of wisdom, but I was dependent on the power of the Spirit to make it clear to you: So that your faith might be based not on man's wisdom but on the power of God. 1 Corinthians 2: 4-5


Everyday, we see examples of people who put their faith in men and not God. As a result, there are murders, suicides, homelessness, tragedies, broken hearts, deterioration, lost possessions and I could go on and on. We've all done it at one time or another and I suppose most of us have been burned by that decision. Now I was raised to know that when I got burnt; I would not do it again. Some people like doing the same thing over and over or repeating past mistakes or behaviors; often putting their faith in men.

Today; make up your mind to put your faith in God, letting Him order your steps and hold your hand. Just trust God for this problem. He's consistent and will not let you slip, stumble or fall.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: