Wednesday, June 27, 2007

You're in a Miracle Season by Elaine Davenport (Thursday, June 28, 2007)

He who earnestly seeks good finds favor. Proverbs 11:27

You’re in a Miracle Season. I just wanted to write to tell you that many prayers have been sent up for you. I pray that you do know that all is well with you and your loved ones; everyone that you care about, no matter what it looks like.

Through many hours of prayer, I’ve been praying for everyone that gets this letter. Yes, that includes you! I just want to ask you:

“Have things been going your way?” You know, when things go the way that I want them to- it is a VERY good day. I like having good days; most people do. Do you?


Favor can affect you in a very small way or in a very big way. It happens to us all of the time and many of us (not everyone) never give it-this instance of favor even the slightest recognition.

I’ve been working on starting two businesses for over a year. These businesses both have to do with furthering God’s plan here in the earth. They can’t be launched together because one is entirely dependent on the success of the other. However, at the time of the initial planning stages; I encountered a
strong challenge. In reality to other people, the challenge would have
been insurmountable. However, I knew that it was minor because
it wasn’t my idea to start it.

It was a God idea so I knew He could handle it.

When I met with the Project Developer; I found out so much more

about favor.


For whoever finds Me finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD. Proverbs 8:35

When I was given the cost sheet; it was exactly right. For what I needed to do- this was a miracle! As new things came up (more expensive things); I was given great leniency and goodwill. The favor came continuously and still continues though the project is almost complete. I put my faith into action everyday and I start early; and I don’t quit; no matter how I feel. The people working with me do that as well. They are faith people so they understand. Miracle after miracle came and I just had to trust and lean on God. When you really think about it; it’s easy to lean on God. I am pleased to say that I learned some wonderful things. (I can’t wait until I get a release to tell you more about it all; but I can tell you God will have His way.) I learned through this experience to do right all of the time. When I did the right things-favor came. I’m not saying this like this is easy. Even if your mind is fixed, things come up but you just have to stay focused. I also learned to follow the rules and that obedience is critical.
PLEASE…
A lot of you know the story of Esther in the bible. It’s not a very long story but it is a story that well illustrates Gods’ favor. Esther who could have easily become an orphan without a future; led a favored and faith filled lifestyle which eventually led to her becoming queen. At a point in time, the test and trial came to Esther and her people and she; for her part; had to decide whether to turn her back on her people or to trust God. Esther put her faith into action and received favor. Not just a little favor; but enough FAVOR to spare her life and the lives of the Jewish people in her town. Esther knew what favor could do; and that knowledge enhanced her faith; her faith caused her to act and her acting caused the miracles to flow forth.

You need a combination of things working together to bring forth the miracle that you need; the miracle that God has for you.

With all of this talk about favor, I got to thinking one day recently. I asked myself: “Are you favoring God?” Are you giving Him special treatment? Are you biased towards and for Him all the time? I know that I can’t do for God what He does for me; but I can do what He expects of me and I know that my obedience, my putting Him first is a good way for me to give Him favor. I know that it is essential! It’s crucial! It’s love.

I just want to encourage you to consider favor to be a two sided coin and to encourage you to show God just how much favor that you have for Him. I am so thankful for people like you, I really am. PLEASE PUT YOUR FAITH INTO ACTION!

No comments: