Saturday, August 4, 2007

WORD FOR THE DAY by Elaine Davenport (Thursday, August 9, 2007)

Psalm 55:22 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

22Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.




One night I could not sleep. I had a situation that I desperately needed to get out of but there was no way out. I prayed and was led to read 1 Corinthians 13 on Love. I remember thinking this makes no sense. Soon after I had cast this burden on God in prayer and read 1 Corinthians 13; I came to realize that there was a way out and it would require a financial loss on my part if I was willing to not let my pride get in the way. I took the way out that God gave to me.

No comments: