Sunday, May 27, 2007

BOOMERANG FAITH! By Elaine Davenport (Friday, June 1, 2007)

And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered and said to one another, What manner of man is this? For he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

ST. LUKE 8 : 25



Dear Friend,
God Bless you today! (This letter ends with a special message just for you!) Be high and lifted up today because there is work for you to do. Yes, there is and it won’t be easy, but the rewards are great! A lot of people who receive these letters are in really good shape, but their families aren’t. Their friends are suffering and lost and their neighbors ( whom Jesus told us to love) are in worse shape. A lot of us have been Blessed and we continue to receive Blessings, but there is something that we are overlooking that is critical. What are you doing with your faith? Are you sharing it? Have you said a prayer for your family and your friends today? Don’t just wait until they call or you can go one better: you can strengthen them in the faith. There is a fight that we as believers are authorized to fight in; it’s the good fight of faith. Sometimes, just trying to carry the message will really seem like a battle or fight, but we must continue to do it anyway. We must!

Since most people have faith and since many have what they term in their ‘own’ words as “strong” faith; I just want to ask you what kind of effect does your faith have on other people? Do they know that you have really strong faith because they stood in your presence? Did they recognize your faith by your greeting? Do they know that you have faith by your words? Are your beautiful words of faith and love ALWAYS followed by appropriate words and actions when no one is watching or listening? Do people tell you that they know that it must have meant for them to talk to you? Do you exude so much faith that it has a MIGHTY effect on ALL that you encounter?
Does your faith hit people like a boomerang?

I always had thought that faith was about me professing it and declaring it, so I was doing that. Well, then I found it wasn’t enough. To make matters worse, after I detected that my words were causing ‘some’ people to frown, roll their eyes or just be downright uncomfortable, I went undercover with them (my words). I only used them around family or certain friends or in safe places. That’s what the enemy wanted me to do. That’s what most people do. One of my friends told me on a regular basis: it doesn’t take all that. I know what she meant. In the past, I would have said the same thing, but now all of a sudden, it was going to take all that and even more and when I began to profess my faith, I found out that it wasn’t hard or burdensome.

I found that there were millions of others who thought like me; but more importantly I found that God says it does take all of that. I don’t resent my friend; I am thankful that she pushed me to find out if I was overdoing what I was called to do and say or just doing the right thing like so many others. I know people who have been walking with God for years who say: I remember when I was like that, but I’ve mellowed. I have to say WHY have you mellowed or lost your enthusiasm? And after that I have to say that you cannot keep your love for God a secret!

YOU HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE! YOU HAVE TO! YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE!

I don’t care if they say they don’t want to hear it. If you don’t, the consequences for some poor soul are not pretty. You have to help!

We know what the word of God says about love. We know about the Great Commission, whereby our Lord Jesus instructed us to go forth to tell people about the good news or the gospel. It’s a funny thing, when I first thought about taking the gospel forth, I thought about faraway lands; which is good. Then one day, I wondered how many people was I missing in my own immediate circle? The answer was startling. Don’t settle. Don’t settle for a life that is right by your own definition. Too many times we compromise. Too many things have been lost in the shuffle. Find the truth, embrace it and tell it……………


PLEASE I BEG OF YOU. DESIGN A PLAN TO HELP CARRY THIS MESSAGE. AND EVEN IF YOU CAN’T COME UP WITH A HUGE OR ELABORATE PLAN; IN THE VERY LEAST PLEASE PRINT AND PASS OUT OR FORWARD THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE:






Perhaps, if you could do me one more favor. Please send me the email addresses of anyone that you feel would not remind receiving this newsletter OR if you can forward it AND let me know how many people it was. Write to: PeacefulOne@jesusanswers.com

No comments: