Sunday, May 27, 2007

STRETCH YOUR FAITH By Elaine Davenport (Saturday, June 2, 2007)

Acts19 v. 20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.


And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works; Not forsaking (neglecting) the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting (encouraging) one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10: 24,25

Dear Friend,
I prayed for you today. When I did, I got very emotional because I want to tell you in a way that you will not forget… that God loves you. It is not by coincidence that this letter arrived at your place wherever you are at this time in your life, on this very day.

Maybe your divine message will come by letter, but sometimes it will come in person. Mine did. My friend Ruth, left me the most beautiful note one day. She asked me if I had thought about feeding my spirit? When I got that note, I went and looked in the mirror. Did it show, I wondered? I was stumped. No one had ever asked me that question. While I was slowly mulling over my response, taking my own sweet time, I got really sick. Apparently I was already sick and just didn’t realize it. Well it looked like I was sick but I wasn’t. (HALLELUJAH) I almost fell for it too.

Overwrought and in despair, I ran to the bank. I had received the sentence of what I thought was certain death from the doctors and I tried to cover it up in my conversation with a friend from my post high school days that I ran into while standing in line. Thank God, my friend Adrienne wasn’t sold on my “faked” words that I was okay; which could not cover my spiritual deficiency. The truth was slipping out in the cracks.

I wasn’t well. My spirit was in turmoil and I was mentally down for the count. Her spirit told her that something wasn’t right and she practically delivered me right there on the spot. Now mind you, I was already pondering what to do about my spirit when God sent in the troops to rescue me.



Because she took the time to talk to me and tell me some things, I was able to claim my healing and I did. Think about that.

Is anything troubling you? Nothing, nothing is TOO BIG for God. How is your prayer life? I know that is a personal question, but I just want you to ask yourself that question. You know, how much time do you spend in prayer? Do you think that the results that you get far outweigh the investment of time? If you aren’t really certain, don’t feel bad. I’ ll give you the answer. THIS IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST. (Happy Face)

Here’s the answer: The more time that you spend thanking and praising God and praying, the better things will be. Try it.
You know, recently I conducted a focus group to try to assess how people viewed their faith. The results were amazing. What I found out is that most people feel that their faith is profound. I was encouraged by this; you should be too. It was a great experience for me.

I had to recently take my letter online. It is part of a bigger plan. In the past, I was not reaching enough people.

This is critical to the survival of this letter. (and it WILL survive) I realize that everyone is not online and will not be; but if you do have one, (an e-mail address) please send it to me. Instead of averaging 50 to 60 people (per month to a variety of people never fully being able to reach the 200 that I wanted to reach), the letters are now reaching 400 to 1,000 people (with increasing numbers.) each month.
*If you were one of the original bunch… (Which was around 300 people actually) THANK YOU. It was because of you and the fact that you are so very special that the message will pass on to even more people. I give a special thanks to the people who have thanked God, come together, for the miracles, the healings, the feet that never dashed against a stone, the prayers; those that stood in the gap and wrote notes, sent cards, sent e-mails, made phone calls, sent thanks, shared testimonies, called for prayer, I have especially enjoyed the contacts from total strangers, everything…it is amazing how the love of God affects us all.

Thanks to all of the people who wrote to Portia, she is much better thanks to your prayers. You’ll get a kick out of this. Last year, God reported that Portia
was healed of cancer. It took 8 months before her doctors agreed with that officially. WOULD YOU HAVE RATHER HAD THE FIRST OR THE SECOND REPORT IF YOU HAD CANCER?

I especially thank those of you who take the time to pass the message along; especially online to people that you know. My prayer is to see people healed and
made whole spiritually- to help the spiritually blind to see…I know because one time I was too(spiritually blind). I want to help those that can’t hear also but that’s another WHOLE letter. (smile)

I am personally asking you for a favor. No, I don’t need money. God takes care of me. Say something to someone today and please consider that you know someone who can benefit from this letter just as much as or more than you and help them. Maybe it’s not a letter that they need. Maybe they just need a hug, a card, a kind word, a good deed, a lift, something, a scripture, food, a bus ticket, a ride somewhere, a phone call, a bible, the Word of God, Jesus.

I’ll tell you a secret: MOST OF THE TIME IT ISN’T WHO YOU THINK IT IS. Please pray more, pray for guidance, pray for someone who needs a spiritual lift to call upon you. I pray for you and your family and friends daily and will continue on. Well, I’ve got to go. Remember that we ARE in a Holy season, a season of Blessings. You can get closer to God, even if you are already. Even if you are not. He chose you. You are special. He loves you. Be well. All is well over here. We finally have a name for this newsletter.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. Psalm 33 v. 12

______________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: