Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Enemy wants you to stay home on Sundays by Elaine Davenport (Sunday, August 19, 2007)

Romans 10:17 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


THE MESSAGE BIBLE GIVES GREAT FOOD FOR THOUGHT WHEN IT SAYS:

Romans 10:17 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)

Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
[The Message at Navpress] [NavPress]

14-17But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them? And how is anyone going to tell them, unless someone is sent to do it? That's why Scripture exclaims,

A sight to take your breath away.
Grand processions of people
telling all the good things of God.
But not everybody is ready for this, ready to see and hear and act. Isaiah asked what we all ask at one time or another: "Does anyone care, God? Is anyone listening and believing a word of it?" The point is: Before you trust, you have to listen. But unless Christ's Word is preached, there's nothing to listen to.


I have been obedient in ministering to my brother regarding his salvation; I've trusted God. After a few years out of the blue; he called with what I detected was a sense of urgency and said: "I'm going to church with you this coming Sunday." I said: "Okay." I was pleased but calm. I called him back and this is what I said to him:

NOW THE ENEMY WILL DO EVERYTHING THAT HE CAN TO KEEP YOU FROM COMING TO CHURCH. THE GREATEST THING THAT HE WILL DO IS TO CONVINCE YOU THAT IT IS YOUR IDEA.

He then said:

I DON"T CARE, I'M COMING.

This went on for 3 weeks. He never came. However, I have great joy because he's reaching out to God. My prayer is that his spirit man will rise up and take ascendancy.

Yet.

God is faithful and I am patient and the enemy is a defeated foe.


Next, I was recently discipling a friend of mine. She said she really wanted to come to church. Of course when the big day came, I couldn't find her. I'm patient and I know that she is a child of God and that she will walk in the Blessing and disciple many or satan wouldn't try so hard to block her destined path.

You may have encountered these problems as well. The enemy picked the wrong people to try to block because I will cover them in prayer and trust God to deliver them.
I have great joy over this and I am in covenant. So no matter what it looks like; Satan can't steal it.

No comments: