Sunday, August 19, 2007

My efforts to Tithe brought on the attack by Elaine Davenport ( Tuesday, August 21, 2007)

Hebrews 10:35-38

Do not let this happy trust in the Lord die away, no matter what happens. Remember your reward! You need to keep on patiently doing God's will if you want Him to do for you all that He has promised. His coming will not be delayed much longer. And those whose faith has made them good in God's sight must live by faith, trusting Him in everything. Otherwise, if they shrink back, God will have no pleasure in them.


When I started going to church, my finances were horrible. I had no extra monies. Although I had attended church most of my life, I had never tithed and didn't intend to. I thought it was only for rich people. It just did not make sense to me to give God one tenth of my7 money. After my bills were paid for many years, I didn't even have one tenth left over. That was a joke. No one had ever shown me Malachi Three verses eight through twelve, or it might have at least pricked my conscience. Let's take a look at it:

Dare a man rob God? Yet you are robbing me! And you say, "How do we rob you?" In tithes and in offerings.
9
You are indeed accursed, for you, the whole nation, rob me.
10
3 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, That there may be food in my house, and try me in this, says the LORD of hosts: Shall I not open for you the floodgates of heaven, to pour down blessing upon you without measure?
11
For your sake I will forbid the locust to destroy your crops; And the vine in the field will not be barren, says the LORD of hosts.
12
Then all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a delightful land, says the LORD of hosts.


When I began to reconnect with God it wasn't because of my finances. The challenges that I faced were in so many areas. I listened with great interest as the ministers explained about the tithing, the offerings, the Blessing and God's will for my life. I decided to give more than I planned and to work my way up to tithing. Finally, I was able to tithe after many months of hearing the Word of God, building my faith, Trusting God and prayer. After a few months a major crisis developed and it was financial. My only recourse was to pray. I was in faith but it was clearly an attack by the enemy that I had not seen coming. I did not draw back. The problem was not only eliminated but it was also remedied and removed. I got the VICTORY. However, the truth of the matter is that my Victory had been won many years ago by Jesus, I just needed to have the actual physical manifestation of it. Some might wonder if my life changed after I tithed. I can truthfully say that it did in a powerful way. Instead of having fewer discretionary funds, I have more and all of my needs are always met.

Don't let the enemy prevent you from understanding God's will for your life.

No comments: