Sunday, August 19, 2007

Faith is to be shared by Elaine Davenport (Monday, August 20, 2007)

Psalms 40:1-3

I waited patiently for God to help me; then He listened and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out from the bog and the mire, and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, of praises to our God. Now many will hear of the glorious things He did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and put their trust in Him.


I'm not so popular in my family. Not like I was when I was in the world. I'm not surrounded in my family bu unbelief. That's what makes it such a challenge. I'm surrounded by a lot of belief.

I heard Hillary Clinton say that she doesn't wear her faith on her sleeve.

I don't deal in politics and it is likely that I won't even know who I am going to vote for until minutes before I go into the voting booth when I consult with God about it.


I guess wearing your faith on your sleeves means you keep it very private. That was the old way. It was the way that6 I and many others were raised. We were raised that only ministers or Sunday school teachers could be expected to want to engage you in a conversation about God. That was the protocol and that protocol was respected. I understand it.

Now this is 2007, and we have much more revelation. There are believers who still stick to the theory that their faith is a private matter. I won't bother them. However, we all have a mandate from God and it's in the bible since that's our Covenant, our instruction manual, our rulebook and Jesus is clear:

GO YE INTO ALL THE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE. - Mark 16:15

So, if my family anyone that knows me expects me to be quiet about my faith; it's not going to happen. I'm going to preach the Gospel and I'm never going to stop. The good news is the gospel and it's good for me that my family is EXPECTING me to talk about it when they see me.

No comments: